2018 stats:

Miniatures purchased:  2
Miniatures assembled & undercoated:  24
Miniatures painted & completed:   3

2017 stats:

Miniatures purchased:  4
Miniatures assembled & undercoated:  7
Miniatures painted & completed:   1


Welcome to my Eldar website, which showcases my collection of extensively converted Eldar miniatures for Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 tabletop wargame. In this site you'll find loads of pictures of my conversions as well as information on how they have been put together and other resources that you may find useful.

This is the homepage of the site; check here for information about updates to the site and other news. You can browse to the other parts of the site using the menu bar above.
Eldar Fire Dragon rune
Fire Dragon paint scheme updated - 06/08/18
I finished painting my first Fire Dragon back in 2014, but I was never totally satisfied with the result. After some head-scratching, I identified some issues with the paint scheme that I'd used and decided to revisit the model and try to improve it. I am now much happier with the result and the quality of the paintjob matches my other models. I have added a download of the paint scheme to the project page as well and I look forward to applying it to the other models in the squad at some point.
Eldar Bonesinger rune
New Bonesinger conversion added - 12/07/18
I've added a second Bonesinger to my collection, which has been converted from a rare Farseer model. In other news, my Harlequins are now all undercoated and ready for painting and I've made some progress on painting some parts of the Pegasus. I'm also changing how I base my larger models - the Lynx, Panther, Scorpion and Pegasus will all have substantially larger bases than the standard ones that are available from Games Workshop. These will be produced in MDF and will make the models more imposing, as well as providing a larger area to add scenery and detail.
Eldar Wraithblade rune
First Wraithblade painted - 11/05/18
I've continued to work on painting my models and I've now finished painting my first Wraithblade, armed with ghostswords. This is the first Wraith construct that I've painted in my Mymeara colours and this will inform the colour schemes for the other Wraith models in my collection. I also tried a NMM (non-metallic metal) painting technique for the swords, which has turned out better than I'd expected. This will also be used elsewhere on witchblades, ghostglaives and the like.

Work on the Skathach Wraithknight continues; it is nearly complete now.

There is also a small update to the runes & symbols guide, with a few new runes added.
Eldar Shadow Spectre rune
Shadow Spectre Exarch painted - 24/04/18
I recently finished painting my Shadow Spectre Exarch, armed with a Prism Blaster. I have also added the colur scheme as a PDF download, available via a link on the same page. I have four standard Shadow Spectres left to paint now, but I'm taking a break from painting the remainder of the squad in order to focus on some other models.
Jedi symbol
Something a little different - 11/02/18
I've been taking a break from my Eldar recently and have instead been working on a lightsaber replica. I bought the main hilt for it over 15 years ago and it's been languishing on a shelf or in a box for most of that time. I've now completed it and thought I'd add it to the site in case anyone found it particularly interesting. It was a nice change from my usual work, but I'll be back with an update on my Skathach Wraithknight again soon.
Eldar Shadow Spectre rune
Irillyth painted & Harlequin update - 11/01/18
I've finally finished assembling and undercoating all of my Harlequin models! I have re-arranged the project pages as well to better reflect the unit compositions. In total, I have one Solitaire, three Troupe Masters, three Shadowseers, three Death Jesters and three full troupes of twelve players, each armed with a variety of weapons. These are the Troupes of Light, Dark and Twilight. I'm toying with various colour scheme ideas, how best to distinguish the troupes and what Masque these Harlequins will belong to. I may decide to add some vehicles in future, but I'm in no hurry to do so as of yet.

In 2017 I only purchased a few models (but quite a lot of bits for my Harlequins, among other things). One of these was a Skathach Wraighknight with Deathshroud Cannons. Rather than building an entire Wraithknight from scratch again, I've opted to make the upper body of my existing Wraithknight removable. I am currently assembling the torso of the Skathach, along with magnetised arms with the Deathshroud Cannons. At some later date I may decide to add Inferno Cannons as well to cover all of the wargear options.

After a long break from painting, I picked up my brushes again and completed my second Shadow Spectre in November 2017. I was pleased that I was able to recreate the pale grey of the armour on the first model and I've mixed up enough to (hopefully) finish the rest of the squad now. The other models have been progressed but aren't yet finished, with the exception of Irillyth; my first fully painted Phoenix Lord, whom I finished painting in early January 2018.
older posts